Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Hunger Games By; Suzanne Collins


5/5 stars definitely.

I really wanted to read this book before watching the movie so i went out and bought myself a copy. And when I got around to reading it I just wasn't feeling it so I put it back in my bookshelf and decided to read it now and i finished it in just a few day the book was amazing I loved it.

Katniss Everdeen is just dreading the fact that The anual Hunger Games are just around the corner. Where 2 people from each distict are chosen to be the next competitors in the games. Only one can survive, but when her sister Primroses' name is pulled out the only thing Katniss can do to protect her is volunteer to take her place. Katniss finds herself having to fight for her life and hope that she doesn't have to kill any of the other competitors. As she fights to survive day by day all she can do is act like she's in love with Peeta the guy that was picked from her district and hope she makes it out alive.

I enjoyed this story so much. Especially reading about Katniss's character, she was so brave, fearless, and also really smart. She had many good qualities to her. I could tell that she loved her sister so much and that just made you feel compassionate about her. She is an amazing person and a wonderful heroine I trully admired her for risking her life in order to keep her sister out of harms way.
I thought it was a great story. It was also shocking in most parts especially that the make these kids go through that its just horrible!
You know that katniss means well cause throught the book all she cares about is seeing her sister again and making sure shes taken care of both her mom and siser.
And Peeta well hes amazing i liked him to much. I am so glad he survives. Especially after everything he went through. It was to much for me to handle but i really loved the book. Can't wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment