Friday, January 17, 2014

Slammed By Colleen Hoover


Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart

Review & Thoughts



Layken & Will from the beggining of the book had a strong connection. Their love was true and I knew it could conquer all. A friendship that blossomed into something more. I fell truly, madly, deeply in love with these two from start and even more by every turn of the page. I smiled I laughed, I teared up, and got angry in just a matter of 5 hours.

I absolutely enjoyed Layken's sarcasm and sassy ways, she made me laugh like no other. One thing I wasn't very fond of was how she was under control one minute and the next she was crying. I wish she wouldn't have cried so much in front of Will I wanted her to look tough. Yeah she could have showed signs of emotion but if it were for me I would have left Will there. Given him the cold shoulder.

And Will well he is a HOTTIE that is for sure! My stomach did flips when Layken met him for the first time, oh my heck I was giggling like a lunatic. He got a fantastic enterance. AND boy did he make me fall in love! Its like what Eddie said
                 "How do you not fall in love with him?"

That is so true how can you not fall for this charming, silly, romantic, sweet talker. But despite all that he did make my blood boil, I got so mad at him most of the time. He was like a light switch, light him up and he loves you but once he realizes that he slipped he goes back to being Mr. Cooper. But I adored him despite that I was a flippin rollercoaster.

Another thing I loved was the bond between Caulder and Kel, they instantly became pals. They were to much I had my grandma moments where all I wanted was to pinch their cheeks and squeeze the cuteness out of them. I loved those two, they helped each other so much. And Kel was a trooper when Julia told him she was dying of cancer. There were so many moments in this book that made me want to cry. But when it ended I felt this felling of tranquility, the ending was beautiful everything came together perfectly. 

I can honestly say this book won over my heart, I know it because I devoured it in just one sitting. I cannot wait to read the next one. Colleen Hoover is an amazing author, I hope someone offers to make these books into movies because they are breathtaking

No comments:

Post a Comment