Sunday, December 2, 2012

Volcanoes By Nicole Hamlett Virtual Book Tour

Be careful what you ask of Fate - sometimes she gives it to you.
When we last saw our heroine, she'd watched her faithful pet rip off her new best friend's head to save her son's life and Atlantis was rising from the depths. Now, Grace Murphy is back in the third installment of the Huntress series, but this time she's facing an all-out war. It's critical that Nyx (and Atlantis) stay buried, but her psychotic brats will do most anything to get her back.
You didn't think that was all, did you? Of course there's more! 
With Hypnos invading her dreams, Dylan caught up in the throes of his "change" and juggling her relationships with two hunky Gods, Drew and Heph, to say Grace's hands are full would be an understatement.
Grace wished her life would just go back to the way it was before, and that she wouldn't have her powers or responsibilities anymore. Unfortunately, it looks like Fate answered this time. The results aren't pretty.


Review & Thoughts

The book was amazing I really enjoyed reading about the characters and seeing the relationship between Grace and her son. Most of the time it was as if she wasn't really there for him. To me she didn't seem so mature and seeing her trying to connect with her son. Especially after the death of Brandon. Although I will say I did enjoy her sense of humor, and not only that but also her badass attitude. Whenever she was pissed off she put out this "If you bug me I will beat your ass up" vibe. So that kind of reminded me of myself and since the book started I ended up liking her way more than I thought I would. After Brandon's death she mourned and slipped out into a bad habit of drinking which was not good at all, she was in pain yes but there's also her son who like her was heartbroken about his dad. I thought it wasn't fair for her to do that but she knew that she couldn't just stop going on with her life. So she snapped out of it and stopped being so selfish. 

I kinda felt bad for how she treated Drew and Heph because they were being so helpful and amazing even though they kinda did always confront her about how bitchy she was and how she was always being a bit selfish. I find that sometimes authors try to make their main female characters sound perfect but to be honest no one is so when I read this one I fell in love with Grace cause she wasn't portrayed that way at all. The authors writing is amazing descriptions and characters seemed so realistic. I will be reading the first two books in the series cause I really didn't have that much time to read them all because of how busy it is this time of the year. But I will get to them.

But yes the books are great everything about them. The relationships, descriptive writing, the problems, the action, and the you can't forget love. Which to me seemed all balanced for a short book with a lot of things that were squeezed into it. All in all I loved it from beginning to end it was a bit slow at the beginning but the book does not disappoint. And I loved the Book Cover its amazing.


Nicole Hamlett is a single mother from Colorado Springs, living in Los Angeles, California. When she’s not writing books she enjoys reading, cooking and video games and can often be caught enjoying indie alternative music.


Contact Links

Website

Purchase Links

Author Website

No comments:

Post a Comment