Sunday, February 24, 2013

Desert Flower by Angela Scott Book Tour



Excerpt

Bodies have a canny way of finding Samantha Jean Haggert—the first, the dead body of her mama; the second, a naked man in the middle of the Arizona desert. For Sam, dealing with one dead body in her lifetime is more than unfair. Two is downright cruel.

Seven years after running from West Virginia, Sam's now a young woman of nineteen, trying to put the pieces of her life together with the help of her family—Jacob, Boone, and Laura. But the naked man in the desert spirals her world out of control, resurrecting past hurts and revealing old secrets. It also pits against one another the two men who vie for her heart: Carson, her friend, her first kiss, and the one man who knows everything about her past and loves her despite it; and Turner, the stranger who knows nothing, but who excites and frustrates her all at once.

When bad choices made as a child lead to more bad choices as a young adult, Sam finds herself at a crossroads, forced to face her demons head-on if she plans to have any future at all—with Carson, with Turner, or with anyone. But fixing the wrongs of the past takes time, and learning to forgive one's self is damn near impossible.

Visit old friends in this harrowing sequel to Desert Rice, in which award-winning author Angela Scott brings back the characters so many readers have loved.


Review and Thoughts

I cannot believe it, seriously I am still trying to process everything that just happened. Beginning to end you are basically trying to figure out who is going to be the winner of Sam's heart and to be completely honest since the beginning I was on the Turner team. Not just because of how delicious he sounded but also because he was funny and like she said he treated her like a normal girl. He didn't know anything about her past and he never really asked, he was a bit of a tease but he was just being sarcastic most of the time. 

 Fighting with the memories of her past while these two guys show her affection and fight for her was definitely the hardest part of it all. It actually made her think more about what had happened to her rather than forget. I know they both cared about her but they kind of crossed the line especially Turner with those comments about her underwear and such. 

I really liked Turner he was so giving and thoughtful, he cared a lot about Sam he didn't ever hurt her in any way. He seemed so perfect for her. So that is why I was rooting for that relationship. Once he left I knew that had to be the the end of it. 
Carson was great I like him in the first book but in this one I kind of placed him in the brother/friend zone that is all I saw him as. I just couldn't see her ever loving him in any other way. 
By the end of the book I almost thought he was going to turn into another Joe, he was kind of rude I know it would be terrible to be in his situation but sadly he took it to another level. He crossed the line when he kicked her out without Hannah. 

But apart from all the drama, romance, mystery and heartbreak it was a fantastic book. I love Angela Scott's writing she has a unique way of making the characters including the emotions jump out of the pages and come alive. Everything felt so real and that's the part I enjoy the most. I recommend reading it, if you don't you are missing out on such an amazing read. 5/5 Stars



Author Bio
I hear voices. Tiny fictional people sit on my shoulders and whisper their stories in my ear. Instead of medicating myself, I decided to pick up a pen, write down everything those voices tell me, and turn it into a book. I’m not crazy. I’m an author. For the most part, I write contemporary Young Adult novels. However, through a writing exercise that spiraled out of control, I found myself writing about zombies terrorizing the Wild Wild West—and loving it. My zombies don’t sparkle, and they definitely don’t cuddle. At least, I wouldn’t suggest it.
I live on the benches of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains with two lovely children, one teenager, and a very patient husband. I graduated from Utah State University with a B.A. degree in English, not because of my love for the written word, but because it was the only major that didn’t require math. I can’t spell, and grammar is my arch nemesis. But they gave me the degree, and there are no take backs.
As a child, I never sucked on a pacifier; I chewed on a pencil. I’ve been writing that long. It has only been the past few years that I’ve pursued it professionally, forged relationships with other like-minded individuals, and determined to make a career out of it.
You can subscribe and follow me on my website, where I blog obsessively about my writing process and post updates on my current works. I’m also on Twitter and Facebook, but be forewarned, I tweet and post more than a normal person.

Contact Links

Twitter: @whimsywriting

Buy Links

No comments:

Post a Comment