Thursday, February 28, 2013

Evol by Jess Wygle Book Tour




“I will do whatever it takes to keep us together. Nothing can keep us apart. You’re mine now.” She’d love him just
as he loved her. She had to. She didn’t have a choice.

In love and happily living the life she always dreamed of, Venna Caldwell doesn’t know she is the object of a secret
obsession. Until one night when she’s home alone and her stalker finally acts on his fantasies, dragging her into a
sadistic nightmare that she barely escapes. Running for her life, from a man who will never stop hunting her, Venna
reaches out to her estranged half-brother, grasping desperately at what little hope she has left. How far will she go
to keep out of the clutches of the unrelenting monster that's hungry for her?

With her ability to grab the reader by the shirt collar, Jess Wygle delivers a fast-paced and intensely psychological

thriller that will make you think twice about the people around you.

Review and thoughts

What a sick, demented, crazy, lunatic are some of the words that ran through my mind while reading this book, including some that would make even my grandma have a heart attack. My biggest fear in the whole entire world is having someone I love and care for get taken away from me by some insane psychopath. Bringing kids into this world is the greatest joy in the world but growing up all you wish to do is protect them and pray to God that nothing should ever happen to them. So I can just imagine what Venna's mom, dad and Fiance felt when they couldn't find her. And once she was back to safety even she knew it wasn't going to last.

This is the first and most powerful book that has made me jump out of my seat full of rage wanting to get my hands on Merrick, I seriously cannot understand how a person can be so sick in the head that they would do something so vicious especially disgusting and still think that it's okay to do it. Reading the book was like watching a horror movie you didn't know what was going to happen next but you knew it wasn't going to be good. 

Being in Merricks head hearing his thoughts and reading his part of the story made me sick to my stomach, I've always seen profilers in movies, tv shows going into the mind of the subjects but I never thought a book would make someone experience that also. It made me feel like I was his accomplice, it felt so real.

Venna is a fighter she had to go through so much pain and abuse not just physically, mentally but emotionally. It broke her down, and it got to the point where she couldn't walk into her own place without freaking out, every closed door, every noise freaked her out. But having Dorian there made her feel safe like nothing could happen to her in his presence, although Lane also took part in protecting her she didn't feel as safe in his care like she did with Dorian. 

I loved the book it was fast paced and well written, I enjoyed the thriller part of it, as well as the romantic parts too, last but not least the fighting 'scenes' were fantastic I was literally jumping up and down like a cheerleader. 




Starting Out as a Writer – 5 Things You Should Know
First of all, I have to say, I haven’t received any formal training as a writer.  I’m not tenured and the advice I’m about to give should be taken with a grain of salt.  These tips are birthed from my own experiences from the few years I’ve been writing.
1.       Research as much as you can.  This is invaluable and makes your story believable.  Depending on what you need to know, the internet is the first place I always start.  You can also consult experts in the field.  If you’re writing a character with a profession you don’t know much about, try finding someone with that profession to interview and, if possible, shadow as they work.
2.       Your eyes aren’t always the best.  No matter how many times you read your own work, you always miss something.  The eyes of the author sometimes read what is meant to be written and may not actually see miniscule mistakes.  Have someone else look over your work, always.  This can also help you find loop holes in your storyline along the way, or possibly any contextual mistakes in your research.
3.       Don’t stop.  You have to keep writing if it something you want to do well.  Even if you’re not inspired.  Even if you don’t feel like it or don’t have a solid idea, as long as you keep at it, you’ll improve.  Practice makes perfect.
4.       Bad reviews aren’t always bad.  If you receive criticism that isn’t the most positive, don’t get down on yourself or your writing.  Sometimes your most powerful advice can be delivered in ugly packages, but it’s advice nonetheless.  Suck it in; it’ll sting at first, but it fades quickly and what it leaves behind can be more valuable than you would have thought.
5.       Fear isn’t an option.  Like any artist (because writing is an art), it may be scary to show off what you’ve done; your work.  Writing, even if it’s fictional, is a very personal thing, especially for a first-timer.  It can almost feel like you’re putting yourself out there and not just your work.  Don’t let that stop you.  Pride in your own work is priceless.


Author Bio:

Jess Wygle is a short story author and novelist. Her titles include Keep it Safe, Evol, Not Alone, long-awaited, and Where’s My Accident. Primarily writing thrillers, she has included non-fiction and romance in her repertoire.
Jess is married to her husband, AJ and has a young son named Landon. She’s also mother to a one-year-old red fox lab. This self-proclaimed movie buff has a knack for photography. She’s currently enrolled at a local college studying education and has plans to teach English at the high school level as she worksher way up the bestseller list.

Contact Links

Facebook: Jess Wygle

Buy Links
Amazon
Kobo

6 comments:

  1. I love this book! I'm telling all my friends to buy it because this is just the type of indie book that we should be helping bring to the top!
    Sooooooooooo good!

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too it was an amazing book! Thank you for coming over to my blog and for commenting!


      Delete
  2. Wow, Veronica, thank you for spreading the love! I think I saw you on at my blog stop yesterday too so thank you for following the tour! And thank you to Ana and The Adventures Within for showcasing my novel and the wonderful review! I'm so glad my baby is being enjoyed by so many people!

    - Jess Wygle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, I couldn't resist the blurb sounded amazing so I knew I had to get it. Thank you for giving us the chance to read it.

      -Ana

      Delete
  3. As soon as I read "Evol" - I knew I wanted to help Jess promote it! I offered to help her edit the book because two pairs of eyes are always better than one. The story was already so good, and I wanted to make sure the book got sent out to the stores so everyone could have access to it! I still think about Merrick when I'm home alone at night and I hear strange noises...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here I keep thinking that someone is watching me or something, I don't like staying home alone for to long.
      Thanks for commenting Rebecca!

      -Ana

      Delete