Friday, November 1, 2013

Spirits of Christmas By; Nicky Wells











REVIEW & THOUGHTS

Jude had his priorities mixed he got caught up in the fame of the band that had once made it big but came crashing down fast along with his personal life. The need to keep his band a success made him lose it all. It was kind of unfair how he just kept thinking about himself and wanting everything to go his way, that he actually turned into a Scrooge. I loved how the story kept progressing at the turn of a page. And how Jude went from being a selfish jerk, to the most humble sweetest guy ever. 

Boy did he get a wake up call or should I say 3 wake up calls. It was a great retelling of A Christmas Carol it had the exact same feel which shows that it was just as amazing and moving as the original. Jude wasn't that hard to convince & I'm glad because he realized how many people he was hurting before it was to late. I kind of felt sorry for him when he found out about Carrie, it was necessary that he go through that so he could have a reality check, and fix his ways.

It was a fantastic short novella but despite it being short its enough to leave you feeling complete. I didn't feel like it needed anything, I loved it and enjoyed every minute I was reading it. Nicky Wells is the most amazing person in the world I cannot wait to see what else she has in store for us. I hear another one of her projects is coming out sometime next year although that is a long time, for now you can fill your book lover heart and imagination with her other stories. That are like the icing on a cake. 
Thank you again Nicky for making me an addition to the Acknowledgments, I never even expected that!!! 







About Nicky Wells: Romance that Rocks Your World!

Hi! I’m Nicky Wells, your ultimate rock chick author. My books offer glitzy, glamorous contemporary romance with a rock theme ~ imagine Bridget Jones ROCKS Notting Hill! If you’ve ever had a crush on any kind of celebrity ~ rock, pop, movie or other ~ you’ll connect with my heroes and my leading ladies!

Like my first leading lady, Sophie, I love listening to rock music, dancing, and eating lobsters. When I’m not writing, I’m a wife, mother, occasional knitter, and regular contributor to The Midweek Drive show on Lincoln’s Siren 107.3 FM. Rock on!

Join me: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Romantic Novelists’ Association | Sapphire Star Publishing | Amazon | Goodreads | Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Ana, you totally deserve a mention in the Acknowledgements. Your enthusiasm and support have been fantabulous ever since we first connected. I cannot tell you enough how much it means to visit your blog and read your thoughts on my books. :-) I'm so glad you enjoyed the novella, and I hope it may keep you entertained over the Christmas period too. Rock on and thanks again!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am always here to help! I enjoy reading and reviewing books because of the outcome. It makes authors happy and gets them recognized for their amazing work.

      Delete