Monday, April 1, 2013

Russian Dolls By Cristelle Comby Review/Interview


When an unexpected death hits close to home, Neve is overcome with denial. She doesn't want to believe that her friend who loved life and always had a smile on her face has committed suicide, but the police cannot find any evidence to prove otherwise. So Neve decides to conduct her own investigation as she is  certain that Irina didn't commit suicide but that Irina was well in fact murdered. Along with the help of her professor she goes on a hunt to find out the truth behind Irina's murder.

A five star mystery that can't be put down. Its like watching a TV show you cannot just leave it playing when you leave the room cause you might miss something. Russian dolls was amazing the writing was perfect, the plot was in a way unique since the student was helped by a teacher usually teachers don't let you get into anything dangerous but this was not the case . The only flaw that I found was that Neve kind of caved in way to quickly I mean she blurted everything out. But other than that it was a really really great read.

Neve and Egan were amazing characters, Neve really amazed me when she took control of the situations she showed how brave she was just by going in there and facing those guys. Finding out who was involved was like a slap to the face it literately took me by surprise because I kinda knew but I didn't want to believe it. I can't stop thinking about the ending, It's hard to review this book without giving away spoilers because every piece of info would be part of a spoiler so I will stop the gushing now and rate! 5/5







Interview



Why did you name the book Russian Dolls?
It came up pretty naturally, as I was figuring out the plot. I knew the Russian Mafia would be involved, and that it would broach on the subject of prostitution and forced marriage... and from there the idiom ‘Russian Dolls’ stuck.

Was there a certain character in the book that reminded you of yourself?
I guess a part of myself inevitably ends up in everything I write. That being said, none of the characters were modelled after me per se. I suppose that Egan’s collectedness is an exaggeration of my own; Neve’s strong-mindedness too... it’s just little titbits dropped, unconsciously, here and there.

What advice would you give to someone who wanted to write a book?
Go for it and don’t let anyone stop you! Write what you want, the way you want to. It’s a hard job, it will take you a lot of time and a lot of sweat and headaches, but you’ll get there eventually. It may take months to find an agent, you may never find one, either way... don’t ever give up. It’s your dream and the only one who can kill it is yourself, so... don’t!

Tell us something that the readers don't know about you.
I’ve studied stage-acting for seven years, when I was younger. 




Cristelle Cromby was born and raised in the French-Speaking area of Switzerland somehwere

between Geneva and Lausanne, where she still resides thanks to her insatiable thirst for American and British films and television dramas her english is flent. She attributes to her origins her ever peaceful nature and her undying love to chocolate.

She has a passion for art, which also includes an interest in drawing and acting. 
Russian Dolls is her first new-adult novel, and she is hard at work on the next titles in the series.



Links To Contact

Website
Facebook
Twitter

Links To Purchase

Amazon
Barnes And Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment