Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Lovely Bones By Alice Sebold


Let me tell you one thing I searched everywhere for this book everywhere for the longest time! and recently I stumbled upon it and I thought it was great timing. So I was very excited to read it.


Susie life was cut way to short. She had to go through one of the worst things in life. Murder. She basically has to see her family and friends go through such a horrible time thinking they're daughter was missing and then being told they would never see her again. There was an immense amount of pain, and anger throughout this whole book not only from the mom, and sister but also from Jack. Susie's dad. Susie takes you on a journey to find out the truth about their next door neighbor who also happens to be her killer. Hoping one day her family will find peace by also finding her body.

I really liked this book. It was sad, and beautiful at the same time you just grow attached to Susie's character she is such a wonderful girl, full of joy, and she never once complains. You just felt compassion for her father and her brother and sister. It's just a terrible tragedy & for them to go through that it breaks your heart. Especially if you knew who it was but nobody would believe you. What I didn't like about the book was how the mom ended up she was just awful I am so sorry to say this but it's true, I know what they went through but that doesn't make it okay for her to do what she did. Anyways the book was great I did like it. I definitely recommend it if you want to read it. Don't start it if you aren't going to finish it. It will definitely make you cry. A lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment